Senior advisor: Patti Atwood
Office: 3561G Mosse Humanities Building
Office phone: (608) 263-1918
Fax: (608) 262-8876
If you wish to schedule an advising appointment, please note the following:
- Online access to schedule advising appointments is restricted to students who applied to, auditioned for, and have been admitted to the Mead Witter School of Music.
- Students considering applying to the School of Music should contact our undergraduate admissions coordinator, Jared Jellison, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (608) 263-5986.
- For all advising requests, please enter into the (online) Scheduling Assistant the reason for the appointment and your phone number.
- Please cancel your appointment or inform us as soon as possible if you are unable to attend.
INDIVIDUAL ACADEMIC ADVISING
Current music majors can schedule an appointment through the Scheduling Assistant.
Days/hours available are Tuesdays 1:15-4:15, Wednesdays 9:15-12:15, and Fridays 1:15-4:15.
DROP-IN ACADEMIC ADVISING
Current music majors with quick questions (5-10 minutes maximum) may stop by during the following days/hours: Mondays 9:00-12:00, Thursdays 1:00-4:00. If your questions cannot be answered within ten minutes, you will need to schedule an individual advising appointment.
EMAIL ACADEMIC ADVISING
If you have a quick question that does not require a conversation you may email the advisor at email@example.com. Be sure to email from your wisc.edu email account and include your full name and the last 4 digits of your campus ID number.
If your question cannot be answered over email, you may be asked to make an appointment for further discussion.
BE PREPARED FOR YOUR ADVISING APPOINTMENT
Please bring the following to your appointment:
- Any questions you have about requirements, extracurricular opportunities, study abroad, or whatever is on your mind.
- A pen and paper for note taking.
- Any form you may need signed. Be sure you have filled out all pertinent information and have read the form/document thoroughly.
WHAT TO EXPECT FROM AN ACADEMIC ADVISING APPOINTMENT
Academic advisors help students learn and understand their degree and major requirements. Programs in the Mead Witter School of Music are highly sequential, and some required courses are offered only once each year. Many of our undergraduates are interested in earning an additional major and/or certificate; with careful planning each semester, this is possible. Advisors often can explain some of the differences between courses that meet the same degree requirement. For students considering study abroad, it’s a good idea to begin exploring programs early in your degree and work with your advisor to determine the program length (semester/summer/year) that will best fit your needs and interests.
It is recommended that you see an advisor at least once a semester to plan your courses and check progress toward degree completion. Students sometimes need clarification of degree requirements, particularly if they are considering switching to a different major/degree program within the School of Music.
GENERAL CONTACT INFORMATION:
Mead Witter School of Music
3561 Mosse Humanities Building
455 North Park Street
Madison, WI 53706-1483