Parking for Concerts and Events at the School of Music
“Where do I park?”
We hear this all the time!
Parking for events at the Humanities Building and Music Hall can be confusing, but is easier than many think.
Many places are only two or three blocks away; some spaces are even free: Grainger Hall Garage is free on Sundays. Lots 45, 54, 56, and 61 (within three blocks) are free after 4:30 p.m. on weekdays and all day on weekends. Lot 20 (four blocks away) is free on Saturdays and Sundays.
Here is a map showing the ramps.
And, because so many of our events occur at night, the ramps are less crowded. Check this webpage for up-to-date availability.
Please keep in mind that major home sports events can interfere with parking! Here is the UW’s calendar.
Paid parking is available at:
- Grainger Hall (UW-Madison School of Business) is the site of UW’s Lot 7 ramp, prominently located in the heart of downtown Madison at 975 University Avenue between Park and Brooks Streets, a mere one block from the School of Music. (Did we mention that parking is free on Sundays?)
- Lot 6 (College Library/Helen C. White Library Parking Ramp) is located on Lake Mendota next to the Memorial Union, with the entrance on Park Street. Download a helpful flyer here.
- The city’s Lake Street Ramp is three blocks southeast of Memorial Union on Lake Street between State Street and University Avenue. It provides 1,200 spaces of paid visitor parking. Enter on Lake Street or Francis Street.
- The UW’s Lake & Johnson ramp (Lot 46) is located between University Avenue and Johnson Street, adjacent to U-Square. Enter on Lake Street. Download a helpful flyer here.
All accept VISA and Mastercard for payment.
Here is a map showing parking lots.
Here is the UW Athletic Calendar — just in case it’s football season!
Here is the UW-Madison Transportation Services website, if you still have questions!
- For specific answers regarding a School of Music event, call (608) 263-5615