Parking for Concerts and Events at the School of Music
“Where do I park?”
We hear this all the time!
Parking for events at the Humanities Building, the Hamel Music Center, and Music Hall can be confusing, but is easier than many think.
Many places are only two or three blocks away; some spaces are even free: Grainger Hall Garage is free on Sundays. Lots 45, 54, 56, and 61 (within three blocks) are free after 4:30 p.m. on weekdays and all day on weekends. Lot 20 (four blocks away) is free on Saturdays and Sundays.
Click here for a PDF map showing UW–Madison parking lots and ramps.
Please keep in mind that major home sports events can interfere with parking. Here is UW–Madison’s Athletic Calendar.
Paid parking is available at:
- Grainger Hall (UW–Madison School of Business) is the site of UW–Madison’s Lot 7 ramp, prominently located in the heart of downtown Madison at 975 University Avenue between Park and Brooks Streets, a mere one block from the School of Music. (Parking is free on Sundays.)
- Lot 6 (College Library/Helen C. White Library Parking Ramp) is located on Lake Mendota next to the Memorial Union, with the entrance on Park Street.
- The city’s Lake Street Ramp is three blocks southeast of Memorial Union on Lake Street between State Street and University Avenue. It provides 1,200 spaces of paid visitor parking. Enter on Lake Street or Francis Street.
- UW–Madison’s Lake and Johnson ramp (Lot 46) is located between University Avenue and Johnson Street, adjacent to University Square. Enter on Lake Street.
All accept VISA and Mastercard for payment.
More information may be found on the UW–Madison Transportation Services website.
- For specific answers regarding a School of Music event, please call (608) 263-1900.