M.M. Collaborative Piano
Master of Music in Collaborative Piano
The M.M. in Collaborative Piano is designed to train pianists in the art of making music with others. This individualized program is tailored to the experience level of the student entering and involves extensive study of both instrumental and vocal repertoire. Study of diction, languages, coaching and ensemble techniques will be emphasized. Degree Overview
A. Applied study — Advanced Accompanying (664-542), 8 cr. total (2 cr. per semester)
- Masters Recital (664-990), 2 recitals, vocal and instrumental, 2 cr. total (1 cr. per recital)
C. Additional Requirements — Vocal and Instrumental Accompanying - 7-11 credits total Students choose one of the following tracks, or
consult with major professor on an individualized plan:
- For emphasis in Vocal Accompanying:
Diction for Singers (660-467), 2 cr. AND
(660-468), 2 cr.
Opera Workshop (600-557), 2 cr.
- For emphasis in Instrumental Accompanying:
Diction for Singers (660-497), 2 cr. AND
Chamber Music (Adv Ensemble)-(660-561/563/545/567/568/569), 1 cr.
- All students: Accompanying Lab (664-342), 2 cr. total(waived if Accompanying PA)
- All students: Duo Sonata Seminar (660-796), 3 cr.
D. Musicology and Music Theory. 9 cr.
E. Vocal Literature (660-346), 2 cr. AND/OR
Vocal Literature Seminar (660-792), 2 cr.