Prospective certificate students are expected to have an undergraduate degree (GPA minimum is 3.25) or the international equivalent. In the absence of a degree, a candidate must demonstrate advanced performance skills, at the level generally expected of an applicant for graduate study in music performance.
This certificate is not available to graduate or undergraduate music performance majors except as post-graduate study.
Admission Process - Apply by January 4
- The first step in the application process for the Artist Certificate is to gain the recommendation of a professor. We accept live or recorded auditions. Contact the faculty in your area of interest to make audition arrangements.
- Complete a Special Student Application.
- INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS ONLY: Complete a Financial Verification Form and related paperwork.
- Send original transcripts from institutions you have attended. If the transcripts are in another language, you should also submit a version officially translated into English.
- The TOEFL is required for students for whom English is not their native language. The exception is students who received an undergraduate degree from an English-speaking university. The minimum TOEFL score acceptable for the Artist Certificate program is 550 (213 on the computer-based test).
- Request that the faculty member with whom you wish to study send a letter indicating their willingness to teach you to the address below.